31/38 Turning Point

Dream of yesterday
Willfully forgotten
Sick of just hanging around on a cross
I wanted Camino done
For real
So I thought
Who was ‘I’ again
Do I know El Camino?
Do I know process of shadow?
My painful script of lonely disconnection
Still harboured an ulcer bursting with anger

Video still: Crypt of Santiago cathedral

Stepping down into the crypt
I cry for change
I pray for life
For old to die
For new to begin
I cry some more
Oh, get out of here
Step out and let go
Let go!

Video still: Crypt of Santiago cathedral

Stepping up out of the crypt
The first shaky step
Back…
Into my script of lonely disconnection
Nothing changed
I steamed anger
I stewed frustration
My stomach hurts
No, nooooooo!
One ulcer is enough
Enough!


Video still: Santiago cathedral

I listen
Don’t give up
There is more to let go
Accept the blessings of time
Return to El Camino
I hear
Pain eases
As ego surrenders to Soul