36/38 Kamerakarma

Video still: before it stopped working

I was making excellent progress each day. I now stood a very good chance of making it to Santiago, but I did not dwell on that too long as that was tempting fate. Then I dropped my video camera and it stopped working, yes the one I was ‘advised’ to leave behind. How spooky! You can imagine all ‘if's’ and ‘why’s’ that plagued my poor mind for the rest of the day.

I needed a camera, I decided, if not for now, definitely for directly after El Camino, so I might as well buy a new one. With walking done early and with Santiago being only 18 km away, I took the bus and headed for the city to buy a new camera. It hurt my wallet. I could not find the same outdated model that I liked so much and had to settle for newer but less user friendly model that lacked a ‘faulty function’ of my old camera that I had fallen in love with.

Much later, as I was about to take my old camera to a repair shop in Slovakia, I recharged the battery first just in case and… it worked again! My jaw dropped open and I laughed. I now am the proud owner of a very expensive bit of excess baggage. At least I was spared a difficult search for a repairshop in a foreign city.