35/38 All We Need is Love...

Video still: El Camino

The daily rain had stopped and was replaced by daily glorious blue skies and golden sunshine from now on. A song appeared in my head, an old Beatles song. It did not come out of a void, but out of a process that began way back in Lugo.

If there’s anything that you want
If there’s anything that you need
Just call on me
And I will send you along
With love from me to you

Not sure if these are the original lyrics, but this was how the words appeared in my head. The words had an important message. I was singing this song not as entertainment, but from myself, to myself, offering self-love and support. It may sound strange, but that was a tough one for me. It is much easierfor me to love someone else. To offer myself help and love was just too much to let in and I was unable to sing this song out loud with this context in mind. I just kept practicing and practicing until I no longer choked on the words and sing them out loud. The cows and trees were very kind and did not object to my monotonous practice of the same five lines. Few pilgrims passed, all too bussy ‘walking’ their own Camino to notice.

Video still: Open Door

There was another special church along the way today. It housed an unusual crucifix, which displayed Jesus with one hand up, nailed to the cross and the other hand hanging down pointing to the earth. The cross is an ancient Axis Mundi symbol that is seldom presented in that context in churches where it more often represents suffering. To see this one accentuated by the sculpture of Jesus on the cross in this position was quite unusual. That little church was humming. It felt so good to just ‘hang out’ there. There was something there that affected all who visited. I can only translate it with the terms ‘energy’ of ‘essence’. I don’t think it is related to the religion practiced there, but I am greateful for the catholic church to act as the guardian and make it available for all to ‘see’. The door was wide open. One priests stood at the door inviting pilgrims, while another explained tirelessly the essence of the site in multiple languages. I just had to linger there for some time and let the essence fill me, before I could move on. Like in the church of Eunate, time disappeared for a while. I have no idea how long I stayed there. It felt like eternity.

Video still: Axis Mundi